WELCOME NEW JERSEY TEENS!
TEEN ANGLERS CHALLENGE
Teen Anglers Challenge Rules and Regulations ( SUBJECT
TO CHANGE BEFORE FINAL SEND OUT)
Open to all qualifying Teen Anglers ages 12-20
- To qualify to be a Teen Angler you must have all the following
completed and submitted to National Teen Anglers PRIOR to the Teen
- Register Online on the Teen Anglers website www.teenanglers.org
- A copy of your last report card (prior to Summer Break)
So we can verify that you have a 2.0 GPA
- A Release of Liability form signed by your parents/guardian and
- A copy of your Boater’s safety card.
- If you don’t have a Teen Leader or a an active Chapter, you can go
to the Teen Anglers website and do the online classes submitting the
results to Teen Anglers
- Once the qualifying is complete, you will be a registered Teen
Angler and you will be eligible to fish The Teen Anglers Challenge
The Teen Anglers Challenge is open for June and July 2008 Teens. You
have 8 weeks to fish.
- The Teen Anglers Hackettstown event on June 28, 2008
- And the Pequest Teen Anglers Event in July 2008 are excluded from
the Teen Anglers Challenge
1 heaviest fish from each of the Freshwater and Saltwater species may
be weighed each week:
- All Federal and State laws and regulations and requirements apply.
- Ie…..Vailid Fishing Licenses, slot size……..make sure you know
your laws and regulations.
- Freshwater Species:
- Trout, Largemouth Bass and Musky
- Saltwater Species:
- Summer Flounder(fluke), Striped Bass, and Bluefish
Teen Anglers must choose a weighmaster with a certified inspected scale
Teen Anglers are encouraged to weigh fish alive and release them into
the same body of water that the fish was caught in.
- i.e. : Fishing License Agents, Tackle Shops, ….It must be
certified and inspected
- Certified Scale could be from a Fishing Club also
- Bonus points will be awarded for fish released alive
- A parent /guardian must sign the certification form for live release
in order for the Teen to receive
Teen Anglers can fish from a boat or from shore
The Teen Anglers are NOT permitted to fish with professional
tournament trail anglers
- I.e.: guides, Capt.’s, (including a parent who fits in the above
categories) are not eligible to fish with the Teen
No hired guides
Fishing with rod and reels only, no snatch hooks.
All photo’s and signed Tournament weigh slips must be received by
National Teen Anglers on or before midnight on August 5th 2008
in order to be eligible. All Photo’s become property of National Teen
Anglers and will not be returned.
Teen Angler Teen Leaders can elect to have an event or have the teen’s
fish on their own.
A violation of any of the above rules and regulations will be
cause for immediate disqualification and expulsion from Teen AnglerS
Winners will be for the heaviest/largest fish in each species
- 1st through 3rd place for each species….Trout,
Largemouth Bass and Musky
- 1st through 3rd place for each species ….Summer
Prize list will be posted on the website in June
Striped Bass and Bluefish.
Winners of the Teen Anglers Challenge will be posted on the
Teen Anglers Website after August 8, 2008.
Fishing in the Teen Anglers Challenge qualifies you to fish in
August for Teen Anglers Super Saturday National Championship, but you must
register separately for the Super Saturday 2008 tournament.
CAPT. AL BERNETTI FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT
MESSAGE FROM THE WEB MASTER
Is there something you'd like to see on the National Teen
Angler web site? If you think you have a good idea for a link, additional
information or if you have a question about the site - please let me know!
Click here to send email to the web master