Scholarships “ The Teen Angler Way”
Education means many things to many people, The ability to solve a math problem. A science problem. Perhaps even a fish problem?
The recent interest in young people and their growth has encouraged us, Groups looking to help teen fishing have certainly increased in recent years, That’s a good thing!
We’re proud that we were out there leading the way. Setting the standard.
But fishing is more than winning tournaments; It’s more than a limit at the scales, It’s about an attitude, a mindset, and a place in this world where we connect and communicate.
Teen Anglers has and will always be about education that’s why some teens can’t be a Teen Angler.
It’s certainly not because we don’t want them, but more because they choose not to Challenge themselves to be all that they can be.
The “ Teen Angler Way” is a way of living, not a fishing club.
We are proud to be the organization that offers scholarship opportunities in the Outdoors community, not based on your performance at the weigh-in scales but in life also.
You have the ability to be as good as you want to be, we’ll help you realize it !
In the coming months we will be outlining the details for our scholarships, We will do our best to help you succeed!
National Teen Angler's Scholarship Details
- National Teen Anglers Scholarship is open to Teen Angler Seniors
- Must be furthering their education in Outdoors related fields, Marine Mechanics, Marine Biology, Outdoors journalism, Outdoors Photography, Marine Law Enforcement, et.
- Teen Anglers Scholarships range from $500 - $1000.00.
- Must have completed a minimum of 6 events 12 months prior to graduation DEPENDING ON YOUR STATE AND EVENTS SCHEDULED
- Completed required Education sessions, CLASSROOM OR ONLINE
- TAKEN AND PASSED BOATER'S SAFETY COURSE FOR YOUR STATE
- Teen Angler Volunteer hours: Shows, Seminars, School/Community related environmental volunteering. Must be verified.
- A GPA of 3.25
- We are looking for Teen Anglers that don’t necessarily excel in fishing tournaments as much as having an understanding and desire to improve Fishing’s Future through a career in the outdoors
All applications must include the following:
1. Cover page, including
2. A typed essay of 500 – 1000 words. Communicate to us why your career choice is important to you.
3. Your GPA verified by the school
4. A list of volunteer hours
5. A letter of reference from your Teen Leader/Teen Mentor
Submit all of the above by: MAY 31 OF 2008
All Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee
Send Application to:
National Teen Anglers
ATT: Scholarship Committee
1177 Bay Shore Dr. # 207
Ft. Pierce, FL 34949
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US AT ALTEENANGLERS@AOL.COM
PLEASE PUT SCHOLARSHIP IN SUBJECT